Your Ad Here

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Resignation Process


Because I went through resignation process during Beast, I do have sufficient amount of knowledge on how the resigning process works. First of all, let me give you a heads up. Every single person, besides prior service cadets and majority of USMAP cadets, will have at one point a thought of resigning due to great amount of tribulation and adversity. That is the whole point of Cadet Basic Training. It’s supposed to be tough, rigorous, time constraining, and not fun! As long as you have positive attitude, and have a fierce mentality, you can definitely get through Beast like there was no tomorrow. But, because I didn’t have those qualities, I struggled every day. On top of that, I kept making doltish mistakes over and over again, and that caused more turbulence in my life at Beast. Chain of command definitely kept their eagle eyes on me at all times and of course made me a dejected cadet at all times. Although I knew that someone or more than one person from different company during Beast was probably going through difficult or worse time than me, but I disregarded that thought and decided to start my resignation process.

That was a huge, fatal mistake. Let me emphasize that. You do not want to try to resign during beast, unless you are one hundred and ten percent sure that you want to really leave this place forever. Think about it. You are in the military now. You have joined the military family. Do you think it’s that easy to separate from your linked family? Especially when the government put great amount of money and time to prepare all these training, equipments, benefits, and everything else just for you. There are thousands of people who want to be in your shoe. Think about it. So, they are going to do whatever it takes to convince you to stay here, and make the resignation process as long and as rigorous as possible.

This is how resignation process works. You have to get interviewed from all your chain of command, and then the TACS, and then so on. That is not very fun, and you don’t get interviewed one day at a time. They get to choose. On top of that, during resignation process, you still have to do what everyone else is doing. You don’t get to just relax in your room just because you started the resignation process. Nothing is changed, except that resignation process has begun. You still have to wake up early in the morning, and you still have to struggle and go through tribulation like everyone else. Resignation process takes about two to three weeks. So by the time the resignation process is done, basically you are more than half way done with Beast. And that makes you want to think, “I came this far, so why should I quit now? I managed to get through this much. I shouldn’t quit now.” Then, that is when you reconsider and tell the chain of command that you have changed your mind and want to proceed with Beast. Pretty clever, right? Very sly, but really, they made the resignation process in that manner so that you can reconsider, and think over again. After you return all the issued items, they are going to send you to a separate barrack from your Beast Company where it is filled with the ones that are resigning like you. At that point, you can pretty much do whatever you want until the departing time.

But my point is, if you do want to resign, I recommend you to resign during Academic year. At least you took all that training and discipline with you; everything you have learned would be with you all your life. On top of that, you can tell people that you have accomplished Beast portion, instead of telling them that you quit in the middle of Beast. Just my advice.

No comments:

 
Your Ad Here Copyright 2008-2009 Petey Flow Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.