Your Ad Here

Monday, December 22, 2008

My Experience in Applying to West Point


How did I carry the message across to Admission that West Point was the only school that was perfect for me? Honestly, the key to this long, arduous application process is that the quicker you get done, the better chance you get into getting accepted to West Point. My twin brother and I really worked together, and seriously worked on our application every day, consistently, so that we can send them as soon as possible. Because we needed nomination from our district congressman, we knew we had to stand out and really let the secretary in congressman’s office know who we are. What did we do? We were the first ones to turn in our congressman application, and probably called and visited her office every day. She was so familiar with our names and our faces that I just knew we had great chance of getting our nomination. We always dressed up nicely, clad in two-piece suit, and asked many questions about the application. The secretary really helped us a lot by giving us great advice, pointing out where we were lacking and where we were strong on. Honestly, I knew my brother would get in right away, because he had amazing academic score, and terrific physical score. My physical score was strong as well, but my SAT score was where I was really lacking. Also, my brother received his letter of assurance four months before I received mine. I did send numerous emails everyday to a Major who was in charge of California with admission to West Point. I let him know that although my academic score was a little low, my confidence and my mentality were bolder than anyone’s. I’m not sure if that had any effect on anything, but I knew that these messages I sent to him at least showed that I was a confident applicant, and had a strong desire for West Point. I was hoping that I would inspire the Admission in some way. I think I did because I was really shocked when I even got my letter of assurance. When I first saw my brother’s letter of assurance four months before I received mine, I thought my path to West Point was over. I was going through depression, and just disgusted life. One day, I decided to keep my head up and stay positive. I decided to wait patiently, and let the admission decide whether I deserve to go to West Point or not. I realized that it wasn’t the end of the world if I did not get my acceptance letter. Although I did not apply anywhere else except West Point, I still knew that I could succeed if I just strived on and not give up. Yes, I have to admit, it was a sublime moment when I saw my letter of assurance in the mailbox. I was jumping up and down and just screaming like a little girl with excitement. Anyways, good luck with your admission and don’t ever give up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey nice job just 1 question what are some of the things needed to get into west point. I am looking to get into this fine school and I want to see if I should pick up were I left off with things like boy scouts if you would please email me at conairljs@aim.com. I have strived to get into west point since I was little and would like to know how. Thanks.
Connor

 
Your Ad Here Copyright 2008-2009 Petey Flow Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.