Your Ad Here

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ruck Marching



Some people considered ruck marching as a doltish drudgery. Some new cadets found it quit challenging but very rewarding. It really all depends on your mentality. For me, at least, I thought ruck marching was one of the greatest workout ever. I mean who in the world would carry about half or third of your weight (depends on how heavy you are ^^ ) on his or her shoulder and go through the toughest route ever?! Although it was exhausting just treading on muddy ground with ten pounds bucket on your head, I felt glorious and it was one of my greatest, sublime moment when I reached the end point. I felt like I have defeated completely my weak mentality and the foes that were trying to slow me down.



I have to tell you but at every ruck march, many cadets fell out from the squad due to enormous pressure and adversity that they could not overcome. When you have nothing to do, I want you to try to walk around the neighborhood or for about an hour to a designated random place with plethora of junks in your backpack. That would be a great preparation for upcoming ruck march you will face in the future. It hit me hard when 10 miles ruck march approached on a very bleak, cold and rainy day. It really felt like there was no finish point at all! Basically, it’s mentally challenging rather than physically challenging. What really pushed me forward was whenever I saw a short female new cadet pushing forward with a ruck twice as big as their bodies. That really pumped me up. I really give respect for the females that conquered Beast.



Anyways, don’t ever fall out in the middle of ruck marching. Everyone can do it. It’s basically you vs your mentality. You got it, no doubt about it!

No comments:

 
Your Ad Here Copyright 2008-2009 Petey Flow Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.