Your Ad Here

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

High School is almost over! Can I slack off now!?



Your high school senior year is almost over! Hooray!
Not so fast! I really want to stress this out before students start to slack off and completely lose their momentums on “good work-ethic.”
Honestly, after I got my magnificent, green binder that indicated that I got in, my focus started to incline on “Party Time!” Frankly, I did use every second that I have left until Beast wisely by joyfully going out every day, attending every single party, and well, you get the idea. Basically, what I mean is that I procrastinated the remaining senior year, and sluggishly did all my class work. The outcome? When the unpredictable academic year came, it hit me hard. You do not want to wind up like that. Trust me.
West Point is well acknowledged for many reasons. One of the reasons is because the institution has such a fine academic system provided for every cadet. That is true. Academically, the tests and the homework you get are not that difficult in my opinion. They are fairly easy compared to AP tests you take in high school. The tough part is how you manage your time well. It is true that the work load isn’t too bad, but because your schedule is very stringent, you barely have sufficient amount of time to study and finish all your homework.
This institution not only focuses on academic, but on military and physical aspects as well. Everyone is obligated to join sports, do drills, participate in corp. assembly, mandatory dinner and etc. Because you have so many things to do and so many events to get involved in, if you do not know how to manage your time and completely lose that ability to maintain your work ethic, you won’t make it at West Point. So, finish strong until the end! Please do not slack off! If you keep working hard until the end, it will really pay off when the academic year starts after Beast.
This is an unforgettable education I feel very obliged to pass it on to the readers.


1 comment:

J.American said...

Thanks! I've never been one to party, but this answers a few questions.

 
Your Ad Here Copyright 2008-2009 Petey Flow Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.