Your Ad Here

Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Interview Experience


At first, I thought I was deemed neither smart nor confident enough to carry the show at West Point, but I realized that I was wrong. Numerous people doubted that I would be accepted to West Point. Because I wanted to prove them wrong, I knew I had to outshine myself during the interview to obtain my congressman nomination. Interview was one of the huge deals that determined whether I would be fit for the character of leadership at West Point or not.
I was clad in a suit and a dazzling tie, looking very sharp, and walked into the room where four interviewers were waiting for me. At first, I was very intimidated when I saw four tall gentlemen with different uniforms on. I realized that two of them were graduates of West Point, and the other two were from Air Force. My brother ended up with just two interviewers that were graduates of Air Force. Anyways, I knew this was my only opportunity to shine, and really express to them in limited time what I am really capable of aside from academic work. I never hesitated when I answered their questions. I never looked down but had my eyes zoned in to each of their eyes. One of the interviewers told me that I was very assertive during the interview. I realized that posture and your tone of voice all matter a lot during the interview. They told me that my SAT score was a little low to get into West Point, so they suggested me to apply to USMAPS. When they told me that, my confidence instantly ratchet up, and then I declared to them, “whatever it takes for me to get that acceptance letter, I will even walk into the admission office at West Point to proclaim to them that I am more than what I got on the SAT score, and a report card. Please, judge me at West Point, not by scanning the application paper, sir.” I think that shocked them a little bit, but at the same time, they were actually amazed by my assertive response.
And the next thing you know, a congressman nomination packet was waiting for me in the mailbox. So based on my previous experience, I just want to suggest the future applicants to be very assertive and tell them why you deserve to go to West Point without hesitation!



1 comment:

BrightPrestige said...

Wow good for you man! I'm in California, district 25 (Buck McKeon), and I just got my nomination packet as well! I agree completely with everything you say about the interview - it was very scary for me as well. To push through and be confident anyway though makes all the difference. See you there if all goes well!

 
Your Ad Here Copyright 2008-2009 Petey Flow Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.