Your Ad Here

Sunday, December 21, 2008

USMAPS


Remember, if you do not get accepted to United States Military Academy, it is not the end of the world. Supposedly, the world ends in the year of 2012 just because doltish Mayan calendar stops in that year. That’s a whole different story. Anyways, going back to the important piece I was advising to applicants: Be sure to apply to USMAPS (United States Military Academy Prep School). Honestly, during my application process to West Point, I had zero, Zilch, knowledge on prep school. I heard about it, but I did not know if you attend USMAPS, it gives you a guaranteed path to legitimate West Point. Frankly, I thought people attend prep school because it gives them better chance to get into West Point. I was completely, utterly, wrong! Although you will be delayed one year, you will eventually take the path of West Point and be the most powerful, acknowledged officer in the world just like everyone else that have and are attending West Point. Numerous people told me going to prep school give you negative connotation to your name; that is absolutely absurd! I didn’t go to prep school but majority of the cadets in my Beast squad was from USMAPS. After inculcating the proper behavior and routines from these phenomenal cadets from USMAPS, I wanted to snap and really blame on myself for not researching on prep school. USMAPS prepares you for the upcoming challenge at Beast. If my roommate weren’t from USMAPS, I probably would not have survived even in one day. My roommate lectured me briefly but quickly of the necessary steps I need to take to get through Beast. He taught me pretty much everything and saved my butt from getting into more horrifying trouble. I might have finished Beast with little repercussion. On top of that, he told me cadets from USMAPS get stipend every two weeks, around $200. Plebes currently are receiving $175 every month. They get double the amount. Additionally, you get acquainted with the prep school cadets prior to entering Beast, so you do not have to fret over seeking new friends. I’m saying USMAPS should be your alternative path if you don’t get the acceptance letter and if you will do anything to get into West Point. My life would have been easier and I would have been more disciplined if I did go to USMAPS prior to entering Beast. Something to think about!

1 comment:

HoudiniLouise said...

(1) You cannot apply directly to USMAPS. Applicants are selected from those who apply to West Point but are judged by Admissions to need an extra year of academic "beefing up." They are then invited to apply to USMAPS, but must apply to West Point First.

(2) Admission to West Point is NOT guaranteed to every USMAPS Cadet. Although the vast majority do end up at West Point, there are no guarantees.

Please get your facts straight before you post.

 
Your Ad Here Copyright 2008-2009 Petey Flow Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.